Ethos and Values
At Everton Heath Primary School we aim to nurture and maximise the full learning potential of each child, and foster their spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development. We want our children to be happy, healthy and successful, within our school family.
We aim to:
- Create a happy, safe and caring environment
- Value each child and member of staff for his or her individual talents
- Help children to learn that courtesy, good manners and consideration for others are important qualities
- Promote good relationships between pupils and adults
- Have respect and strive for high standards in their appearance, learning and behaviour
- Prepare our pupils for the responsibility and experiences of adult life to enable them to develop as well rounded members of society within the world in which they will live.
At Everton Heath Primary School we ensure an atmosphere where children are purposefully engaged in learning which promotes excellence, enjoyment, perseverance, self control and independence.
As part of our ethos and values we recognise that there is no place for extremist views of any kind in our school.
Any prejudice, discrimination or extremist views, including derogatory language, displayed by pupils, staff, visitors or parents will always be challenged and, where appropriate, dealt with.
We encourage pupils to respect the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
We ensure that partisan political views are not promoted in the teaching of any subject in the school and where political issues are brought to the attention of the pupils, reasonably practicable steps are taken to offer a balanced presentation of opposing views to pupils.