At Everton Heath School, our key aims in supporting each child’s wellbeing, are to help support each child to:-
- Recognise their own strengths and difficulties.
- Develop self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Work and play co-operatively.
- Compete fairly, win and lose with grace and dignity and respect all others.
- Recover from setbacks and persist in the face of difficulties.
- Make and sustain friendships.
- Recognise and stand up for their own rights and the rights of others.
- Be able to solve problems alone and with the help of others.
- Manage feelings such as frustration, anger and anxiety.
- Understand and value the differences between people.
We believe that by nurturing each child’s well-being, children will become effective and successful learners.
Nurture Group Happy Club
Mrs Webb, our HLTA, runs a weekly nurture group for children who want extra support in terms of well-being and nurture. Mrs Webb has trained with CHUMS, the Mental Health and Well-Being Service for children and young people in Bedfordshire. These weekly sessions provide a chance for children to express their feelings in a confidential and supportive environment. Mrs Webb follows up with workshops and individual support as required.